- Background: In 1999, I graduated from the university of Drogobych as a teacher of History and Ukrainian Cultural Studies. Thereafter I have worked as a teacher of the subjects in Ukraine for over 10 years.
- What drives me: I am an individual that is creative, reliable and open to team communication; working with children is extremely enjoyable for me, including the sharing of knowledge and information about Ukraine, its language, culture and traditions. It is an honour and joy for me to be a part of the the educational movement of teaching youths all about Ukraine here in London.
- Background: graduated from Rivne State University for Humanities with a degree of a Teacher of Ukrainian Language and Literature.
- What drives me: I love working with children. This is a special world and a state of mind, when you can teach a child love and respect for the Ukrainian language and culture, for a Ukrainian book, respect and appreciate family traditions.
- Background: : I hold Masters’ degree & Bachelors Honours degree in Linguistics from Chernivtsi National University. I started my career in Ukraine with 6 years’ experience teaching as an Associate Professor at Chernivtsi National University College of Foreign Languages. I have NPQSL (National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership) status gained in the UK and 15 years of teaching experience combined through practice in Ukraine and in the UK.
- What drives me: I joined the team at St. Mary’s Ukrainian School in 2014 as Head of School but also as a parent of my own two bilingual children studying here. It is important for me to see children enjoying their time at school and I am passionate to ensure St Mary’s continues to be a positive, vibrant and nurturing environment – I believe that a happy school is a successful school. Teaching is a deeply-rooted calling within my family spanning across three generations - it helps me balance the old and new educational methods and adapt strategies to the specific needs of our bilingual children living outside the natural language environment. I am incredibly proud of my Teaching Team and empower them to develop their individual pedagogical talents and experiment with new methods to drive our school forward.
- Background: in Ukraine, I qualified as a teacher of Geography and Biology. I am currently working as a Teaching Assistant in one of the UK schools and have been teaching at St. Mary’s Ukrainian School for the last 5 years.
- What drives me: having worked across different sectors, I gained a variety of skills like being a team-player, ability to always make room for fun and creativity, showing patience and willingness to find a compromise in any situation – all of which help me create exciting and meaningful lessons
- Background: I am a qualified primary school teacher educated at Ternopil Pedagogical University, with 10 years teaching experience in Ukraine. In the UK, I have 8 years experience as a Teaching Assistant at a primary school and have been teaching at St. Mary’s school for 14 years.
- What drives me: I love working with young people, watching them grow their confidence while they are learning about Ukrainian culture and language. I encourage them to take part in my lessons with praise and nurture their love of learning whatever their capabilities. I enjoy helping them learn poetry and songs for special events that St Mary’s school organizes for parents and wider community.
- Background: over 45 years of teaching experience. Graduated from Ternopil Pedagogical University as Primary school Teacher and Teacher/Methodist of Ukrainian Language and Literature
- What drives me: I have been involved in the life of St. Mary’s Ukrainian School for the last 17 years – I started my work here as Head Teacher for 10 years and then created an editorial group that includes Stefa Oleskiv, Olga Volosova and Olena Piven’ to put together and publish specialised school books on Ukrainian Literature for Years 5 and 6. The group continues to work on the next publication for year 7. I am really passionate about dedicating my time to the development of the right tools for teaching children in the UK as they require certain degree of English references and visual guides to aid their full comprehension. Currently we’re working on establishing workbooks focused on the Ukrainian speaking skills development – editorial group is now also joined by Oksana Korinetska
- Background: graduated as a Primary School teacher in 1996 from Prukarpatsky University (Ivano-Frankovsk, Ukraine) and have worked as a primary school teacher in Ukraine for 9 years. Have been teaching at St. Mary’s Ukrainian School for 10 years.
- What drives me: I love children and enjoy teaching them all aspects of the Ukrainian culture. I like making my lessons interactive and filled with fun – what makes me really happy is seeing children in my class with smiley faces and eyes filled with excitement.
- Background: I hold Masters’ degree (MA) in English Philology from Lesya Ukrajinka Volyn’ State University in Lutsk, Ukraine. I have 18 years experience as an Academic Teacher of English as a Foreign Language at Warmia and Mazury University and at the University of Computer Science and Economics in Olsztyn, Poland. In the UK, I’m currently working as EAL Learning Support Assistant 1:1 at Colville Primary School in London.
- What drives me: I find it incredibly rewarding to teach children something useful for them, to get them interested, to support them when they encounter difficulties, to encourage them when they are not inspired. It gives me great pleasure to teach my native language that is closest to my heart. Children are so fascinating, curious and frank that I often learn from them myself, like in a fairy tale about the Naked King, where only the child noticed what was really going on.
- Background: originally from Lviv, I graduated from Ivan Franko University with qualification in geography and gained teaching experience during university practice.
- What drives me: I teach at St. Mary’s Ukrainian School to help young people build the image and understanding of Ukraine, its culture, history and traditions. Each child requires a special treatment and special ways to trigger their interest. That is why I not only tell them about historical events but also use a lot of visual aids and documentaries during my lessons to bring history to life for them.
- Background: originally from Lviv where I graduated from Ivan Franko University as a Teacher and English language interpreter. In addition, I have a musical education and worked as a teacher of music in Ukraine.
- What drives me: my own daughter attends the School and I know very well that it is not easy for young Ukrainians abroad to learn and support Ukrainian culture and traditions. However I believe that wherever we are today, we should know where we came from, our roots and our history. That is why I work at St. Mary’s Ukrainian school to contribute to raising the new generation of Ukrainians we can be proud of
- Background: graduated from Kalush College of Arts and Culture as Stage Director and Show Organiser and Actor. I’ve been involved with St. Mary’s Ukrainian school for the last 4 years and have been supporting school performances for the last 2 years in my classes.
- What drives me: what is important to me is supporting children in expressing themselves creatively through performances, building their confidence and knowledge of Ukrainian traditions and culture so that when they visit Ukraine, they can speak Ukrainian proudly and know about their roots.
- Background: educated to university degree in Ukraine. In the UK, have over 15 years of work experience with children tutoring violin and piano.
- What drives me: : I have been teaching at St. Mary’s Ukrainian School for over 7 years as I enjoy sharing my passion for Ukrainian song and dance culture. It’s my great pleasure to give opportunity for school children to learn more about Ukrainian traditions, try different instruments out and develop their musical creativity. The school gives them a unique opportunity to build their confidence performing on stage.
- Background: in 1999 I finished the Drohobych State Pedagogical University named after I. Franko, specialty - Pedagogics and methodology of secondary education - teacher of History and Practical Psychology. Work experience:15 years.
- What drives me: An average teacher recites. A good teacher explains. The best teacher demonstrates. A real teacher ignites enthusiasm towards learning in their students - I always use this principle in my work. The goal of my work at the Ukrainian School of St Mary is to give the students the enthusiasm, so they would learn Ukrainian with happiness and engagement.
- Background: holding degree from Lviv Agricultural University with speciality in foreign economic relationships. In the UK, I have Accredited Accountant qualification with 7 years of working experience as management accountant.
- What drives me: I have been working at St. Mary’s for the last 4 years as I am passionate about contributing to the development of the Ukrainian community here in London.